Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world's energy mix.
* Primary Job Functions:
Experience and Education:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience in a technical or business discipline or two years of First Solar IT experience; OR * Associate's degree in Information Technology with six years of related work experience or four years of First Solar IT experience; OR * High School Diploma or GED with eight years equivalent external work experience or six years of First Solar IT experience * Minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing .NET applications and 1-3 years of developing mobile applications. * Minimum of 1 year of experience in mobile architecture * Working knowledge in developing solutions for different versions of mobile operating systems * Implementing Xamarin, iOS, Android applications and promoting to Store
* Ability in understanding and designing technical solutions, high-level architecture for mobile applications * Ability to develop cross/multi-platforms (iOS, Android and Windows) mobile application using Xamarin framework application development * Ability to transform business requirements to technical specifications * Ability to estimate technical / business requirements * Ability to breaking down user stories into implementable technical tasks * Ability to quickly adapt and learn new platforms and technologies * Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in an often fast-paced environment with deadlines * Ability to develop service-oriented architectures and able to develop consuming SOAP and/or RESTful web services * Ability to conduct and participate in peer code reviews * Ability to in writing high quality object-oriented code * Ability to work collaboratively in a small but diverse, cross-functional team * Ability to create, document and perform unit testing for functional and non-functional requirements * Ability to provide support for the product integration, quality assurance and deployment * Effective communication and presentation skills
* Deliver across the entire app life cycle -concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support * Writes and modifies mission critical application code in a variety of platforms (.Net, Windows Azure, iOS, Android, Xamarin) * Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code * Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions * Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance * Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions * Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences * Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products * Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps * Working with the front-end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features * Assist administrators (server admins, network admins, and DB admins) in troubleshooting enterprise-level problems * Maintains all source code in centralized source code management tool * Develops and maintains quality procedures and documentation * Exercise effective communications levels and foster team building * Mentors junior programmer/analysts and programmer/analysts * Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols * Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders * Stay up-to-date with new technology trends * Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards * Performs other assignments as required * Job description subject to change at any time
* This position will report to a Manager I - IT
* 0-10%, as needed
US Physical Requirements:
Hybrid Physical Requirements:
* Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift * Will climb stairs on an occasional basis * Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis * 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required * Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures * May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis * May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis * Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards) * All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Associated topics: android, app, application developer, ios, java, mobile app, mobile developer, object c, objective c, swift
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.