**Job Title:** Student Psychological Counselor
**Job ID:** 20930
**Location:** Lehman College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
Lehman College is the only senior college of The City University of New York (CUNY) located in the Bronx. A federally-designated Hispanic Serving Institution, Lehman serves a diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Reporting to the Director of Counseling at Lehman College, this position will:
- Provide time-limited psychological counseling, including intakes and assessments, to full-time and part-time day/evening students on the campus using a cultural humility perspective and evidence based-practices.
- Perform crisis intervention for emergency situations and provide counseling services during triage hours.
- Provide Consultation Services for instructional and administrative staff regarding students with psychological and academic difficulties.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and present outreach initiatives and workshops including preparation materials, flyers, and handouts.
- Participate in the development of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Programming including Safe Zone training, as well as well as collaborate with the Director of Wellness Program and Faculty and Staff in this initiative.
- Collaborate with the Urban Male Program, Herbert H. Lehman Leadership Program, Wellness Center, and other Lehman departments to develop programs aimed at maintaining psychological wellness with cultural competence.
- Participate in the development of training and supervision of clinical trainees, Peer Educators, and CUNY CAP. Give clinical and administrative support to them and all staff members in Directors absence.
- Participate in Open House, Orientations, and Leadership Retreats.
This position is required to work one evening a week during late hours.
A Doctoral degree in Psychology to include Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs
A Master's degree in an appropriate discipline for personal or psychological counseling and a New York State license as a mental health practitioner (social work, psychology, or mental health counseling).
In addition, six years' professional experience is required for all candidates.
- Experience and knowledge of student development and higher education systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Windows based programs and other computer programs
The ability to communicate in writing is an important job-related competency. All candidates
will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write
memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Provides student counseling services as a member of a team.
- Provides psychological counseling to individuals and groups of students
- Performs crisis intervention for emergency situations
- Performs intake and assessment for personal counseling services
- Consults with instructional and administrative staff regarding student mental health issues; may prepare and present outreach initiatives and workshops
- Participates in recommending improvements that will impact the counseling center's effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Psychological Counselor
Higher Education Associate
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select \"Apply Now\" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title,
organization, and contact information).
For technical issues:
Contact the service desk by email: ...@cuny.edu. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions:
For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources department: ...@lehman.cuny.edu.
September 16, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: behavior science, clinical psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, mental health, neuroscience, psych, psychology, social worker, sociology, therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...