**Job Title:** Community Outreach Program Director - Workforce Development
**Job ID:** 20974
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development at Hostos Community College offers a wide range of programs to thousands of individuals each year. We provide affordable quality career training, education, personal enrichment and community programs such as the Center for Bronx Nonprofit. The Center for Bronx Nonprofit (CBNP) is a convening, training, and resource-sharing organization, which strengthens the capacity of local community leaders and organizations serving the Bronx and other boroughs. CBNP functions as an important support organization to Bronx nonprofits, facilitating opportunities for leadership and organizational development, and technical skills training. CBNP brokers dialogue on resource-sharing to ensure college effectiveness.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development seeks applications for a Community Outreach Program Director. Reporting directly to the Interim Dean of Continuing Education, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following additional duties:
- Serves as the principal liaison with local non-profit organizations.
- Identifies, recruits, and aggregates technical assistance to providers seeking to serve Bronx organizations.
- Develops a marketing plan and performs outreach to the borough's non-profit and start-ups.
- Designs, launches, and directs new large- and small-scale activities .
- Develops a range of initiatives responsive to the needs of large non-profits' executives as well as small and medium size non-profit organizations.
- Manages projects to meet established goals.
- Develops relationships with local stakeholders in the private and public sectors.
- Establishes partnerships with other NYC-based academic institutions offering non-profit certifications, credit and degree programs.
- Creates fundraising events to solicit CBNP support.
- Builds an advisory board of the borough's non-profit leaders.
- Designs and implements a CBNP evaluation process.
- Supervises and manages staff and contractors.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Advanced degree in Business
- At least eight years experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Directs a program or service providing community outreach and services.
-Independently defines program goals, objectives, risks, and roles and responsibilities
-Collaborates with external organizations and community stakeholders to plan and execute program activities
-Represents the college or university to external organizations
-Develops and delivers direct service to external clientele
-Collects data on outcomes, and analyzes and reports results while planning new and improved services
-May manage an office staff of employees and/or volunteers
-Oversees operating budgets and performs financial analysis to support decision-making
-May identify and secure program funding
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: \"Employment\" and \"Search Job Postings\".
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin September 10, 2019.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...