Associate Director - ASAP Recruitment and Retention (Academic ASAP Program Manager)
Compensation: $132,420.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
**Job Title:** Associate Director - ASAP Recruitment and Retention (Academic ASAP Program Manager)
**Job ID:** 20800
**Location:** Bronx Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
Reporting to the ASAP Director at Bronx Community College, the Associate Director is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating recruitment and retention strategies. The position supervises program recruitment, student engagement, support services and database management.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Associate Director will assist the Director with program planning and management, including but not limited to:
- Overseeing the supervision of the Recruitment and Retention Team staff.
- Providing oversight of the distribution of ASAP incentives (e.g. MetroCards, textbook vouchers, tuition waivers; etc.)
- Proposing, executing and evaluating outreach strategies to meet annual recruitment and engagement goals.
- Managing extra-curricular and co-curricular programming to advance student learning and promote retention.
- Collaborating with Financial Aid to ensure timely processing of students and with faculty and department chairs to support student learning through discipline-based programming.
- Working in conjunction with the Director to establish retention goals and internal assessments.
- Collaborating with other ASAP Associate Directors to assist the efforts of the advisement team, as well as Institutional Technology, Institutional Effectiveness, Enrollment Management and other College offices to support recruitment and retention goals.
- Supporting marketing and communication efforts.
- Completing projects assigned by the Director.
Position includes working evenings and weekends, as needed.
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in an appropriate discipline and six years' related experience.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience supervising or leading staff
- Strong understanding of the needs and challenges facing students from diverse urban backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators
- Strong organization, project management, communication, and facilitation skills
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of student activities
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, and aptitude to learn new systems as needed
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP) helps students earn their college degree as quickly as possible, by removing the financial, academic, and personal obstacles that many students confront. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students, yearly textbook vouchers, and MetroCards for all students. Further information is available at www.cuny.edu/ASAP.
Reporting to the ASAP Director, the ASAP Manager is responsible for the daily administration of ASAP program activities.
- Establishes semester block programs and manages and schedules all other academic support activities such as tutoring and workshops
- Supervises planning and implementation of ASAP summer programming, including summer course taking, workshops, and the ASAP summer institute, and other special student activities
- Assists Financial Aid, Registrar, and Bursar in evaluating student eligibility, finalizing registration, and verifying tuition charges
- Assists the ASAP Director with required reporting and collaboration with other college units
- Monitors and assesses data reports on a regular basis to ensure movement towards ASAP success benchmarks and to determine student support needs
- Oversees advisement and delivery of comprehensive support services to ASAP students
- Supervises professional and support staff
- Performs related duties as assigned
Higher Education Associate
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$71,723 - $81,855
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select \"Employment\", then select \"Search Job Postings\" and find JOB ID # 20800. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to for information.
Open until filled with a review of resumes to begin September 10, 2019.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...